Continuous Improvement System for six sigma, lean manufacturing, Quality Control Circle (QCC), etc.
Continuous improvement is an ongoing effort to improve products, services or processes. These efforts can seek “incremental” improvement over time or “breakthrough” improvement all at once. The common continuous improvement methodologies are six sigma, lean six sigma, lean manufacturing, Quality Control Circle (QCC), and Small Group Activity (SGA).
Continuous improvement initiatives is a must for an organization to ensure their products or services can constantly meet customer increasing demand. However, regardless of improvement methodologies as mentioned above, a lot of resources and manpower is needed to ensure the projects are well managed and achieve the required results.
Very often, the project champion, six sigma master black belt or team leader is busy with handling various paper works or report submitted by each team. Furthermore, they need to track the progress for each team to ensure the required deadline is met. Normally, this is carried out through Excel spread sheet which is manually updated and monitored.
Through years of six sigma implementations experience, the lean six sigma consultant from Blue Ocean Data Solutions has developed SMART QMS – CI module to automate the entire process right from improvement theme selection, online approval of project, selection of team members, identification of key activities for each phase of improvement activities, ongoing progress monitoring, auto project gantt chart monitoring, and calculation of both tangible and intangible benefits.
Key features and functions :
- The system is designed such that can accommodate any improvement initiatives such as six sigma, lean six sigma, small group activities , quality control circle, etc.
- Work flow control according to the pre-defined improvement methodology
- Pre-defined template which has the flexibility to define the activities or tools to be used for each phases of improvement initiatives.
- Allow multiple improvement initiatives templates to be setup to cater for different needs
- Project champion or leader leader has full control on project deadline
- Auto email alert notification to management and team members especially target complete date is not met.
- Powerful online continuous improvement project master list which allow user to view the status of both current and historical project
- Auto generation of project Gantt Chart. Highlighted in red colour whenever there is delay.
- Enable management to do online review on project achievement.
- Comprehensive online report such as monthly project tracking, aging monitoring, cost saving,etc.